Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Please--Permit Me

Where're you going with those buckets of mud, boy?
Where'd you get that mud?
You got a permit to move that dirt, son?

I got it form my Mistress, sir.
Yes, sir!  Yes, sir!
Twenty-five buckets, one-third full,
And no permit but a hope and a dream.

Where're you going with that boulder, boy?
Where'd you  get that rock?
You got a permit to roll that stone, son?

I got it from my Mistress, sir.
It was stuck in the mud.
I thought I could use it to stem the flood.
No permit but the sweat and the blood. 

Where're you going with that log on your back, boy?
Where'd you get that wood?
You got a permit, son, to tote that load?

Got it from an old clear-cut, sir.
Somehting that was left behind.
Gonna take it to my Mistress, keep her kind.

Where're you going with that shovel, boy?
What're you going to dig now?
You got a permit to use that thing?

Going to dig a hole, sir.
Going to see what's there.
No permit, sir.
Why?  Do you care?

By David

No comments:

Post a Comment